Tutoring Pricing and Availability
The table below summarizes our tutoring prices. The same price applies for online and in-person tutoring. Your cost is reduced by a one-time upfront credit that we offer to purchase the recommended GMAT study materials. We accept payment via credit card, personal check, and PayPal. We will coordinate with you to securely process your payment after you sign-up for tutoring.
As shown on the tutoring comparison chart, GMAT Genius offers the best prices and most flexibility for tutoring. We can offer lower prices for our high-quality tutoring because, unlike our much bigger competitors, we do not have massive overhead expenses to pay for. You can add additional hours at any time at the specified cost per extra hour. Please contact us to sign-up for tutoring or to change your tutoring package.
The hours in each package represents actual tutoring time. The time we spend behind the scenes on administration, coordination, and preparation does not count towards your paid tutoring time. Not sure how much tutoring you need? See our recommendations in this FAQ.
|Private Tutoring||Hourly||10 Hour
|Cost||$190 per hour||10 hrs @ $180
|20 hrs @ $170
|30 hrs @ $160
|40 hrs @ $150
|You Pay||$190 per hour||$1,659||$3,179||$4,579||$5,779|
|Per Extra Hour||$190||$180||$170||$160||$150|
GMAT Study Materials
Some tutoring students have GMAT materials from prior self-study. Rather than shipping you books that you may already have, our tutoring packages include a one-time upfront credit for you to purchase recommended study materials. This credit reduces the amount that you pay us for tutoring, even if you already have the materials. Amazon.com provides free super saver shipping, but you can choose to pay for expedited shipping if you want.
We recommend that our students use the Manhattan GMAT study guides, as we believe that these are currently the best GMAT preparation guides available. We also highly recommend that our students practice with retired real GMAT questions, as presented in the Official Guides for GMAT Review. We are very familiar with these books, and comfortably structure study plans based on these materials. We supplement these materials with GMAT Genius content and practice questions. Your study materials provide eight computer-adaptive tests, six included with the Manhattan GMAT study guides plus two available with the free GMATPrep download.
10-hour Package – the materials credit allows for purchase from Amazon.com of the Official Guide Bundle, and either the Manhattan GMAT Quantitative set (of 5 books) or the Manhattan GMAT Verbal set (of 3 books) plus the IR / AWA book.
- Exam Pack 1 add-on to GMATPrep – provides two additional full-length tests and enhanced score reporting functionality at a cost of $49.99.
- Question Pack 1 add-on to GMATPrep – provides an additional 404 practice questions with explanations at a cost of $29.99.
- The best value is to purchase the above two products as a bundle for $71.98.
We book tutoring appointments on a first-come, first-served basis. During peak demand, we regret that our tutors may not have time in their schedules to take on additional tutoring commitments. If this is the case, we will promptly let you know and refund your tutoring fees.
We conduct online tutoring with students located anywhere worldwide.
In-Person Tutoring - Southern CaliforniaWe have the most flexibility in scheduling Southern California in-person GMAT tutoring sessions within Irvine, Newport Beach, and Tustin. We can also arrange GMAT tutoring in many other cities throughout Southern California. The cities that we can drive to for tutoring are at our discretion, but typically we can commute up to one hour from central Irvine. Examples of the cities that we can travel to for tutoring include:
- all of Orange County, including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Costa Mesa, Foothill Ranch, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, Westminster, and Yorba Linda
- much of Los Angeles County, including Beverly Hills, Century City, Cerritos, Claremont, Downey, Downtown LA, El Segundo, Hawthorne, Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Palos Verdes, Rosemead, Rowland Heights, Santa Monica, Torrance, West LA, and Whittier
Please note that for in-person tutoring conducted outside Irvine / Newport Beach / Tustin, we require a minimum session-length of 2.5 hours due to the commute time involved.
In-Person Tutoring - Phoenix / ScottsdaleWe offer in-person GMAT tutoring throughout the greater Phoenix / Scottsdale area, including the cities of Chandler, Fountain Hills, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Peoria, and Tempe.
Online tutoring uses a state-of-the-art online learning platform.
For in-person tutoring, you and your tutor will decide upon a mutually-convenient meeting location. Some types of facilities that can be used for tutoring include a quick-service restaurant or coffee shop, a hotel lobby, a local college, a conference room at your office, an apartment complex common area, or a bookstore. If you want to review online practice questions with your tutor, consider a location that offers free Wi-Fi (e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks). For liability reasons, we are not able to meet for tutoring at a private residence. Please note that we do not pay for parking at meeting locations, so you may wish to select a facility with your tutor that offers free or inexpensive parking.
Session Frequency and Timings
You and your tutor will decide upon mutually-convenient meeting times. We can arrange for tutoring during the work-week, during weekday evenings, and selectively on the weekends. Some students choose to set up the entire meeting schedule upfront, often on a fixed weekly schedule (e.g. every Tuesday evening). Other students want to set up only the first meeting and subsequently set up later meetings. In the latter case, please remember that your tutor schedules tutoring appointments on a first-come, first-served basis.Although we certainly will consider your preferences, we recommend that each tutoring session be two to three hours in length.
- You may not accomplish enough in a session less than two hours in length. Note that we require a minimum session length of one hour, because shorter sessions are usually not sufficiently productive.
- Three hours is the length of a typical GMAT class, and is an optimal length for a GMAT tutoring session. Many students have difficulty maintaining focus and productivity once a session exceeds four hours, and therefore such lengthy sessions are discouraged.
- Meeting more often than twice a week doesn’t give most students enough time to do sufficient practice on their own between sessions. It is critical to the learning process that you study and practice problems on your own to reinforce the concepts discussed during the tutoring.
- Meeting less than once per week isn’t suggested unless you are supplementing the tutoring with a class or extensive self-studying. You need to consistently practice and learn new concepts, or you may start forgetting concepts and may not sufficiently move forward in your skills.